CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 5.x.x (Lollipop), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.
CyanogenMod 12.1 for Moto E 2015
- Speaker OK
- RIL (Voice OK, SMS OK, Data OK)
- Camera (front OK, back OK)
- Video Recorder OK both
- Playing video recorded with the camera OK
- Auto rotation OK
- Airplane mode
- Bluetooth (detected another phone, but not tested completely)
- Led notifications (Only when plugged)
- Skype issue
- Some issue in WiFi with DHCP but it depends on unknown (yet) parameters
- SEPolicy set to permissive
- Probably other stuff
Instructions for Flashing
- Reboot to recovery.
- Factory Reset. (wipe data, cache and Dalvik cache)
- You should also wipe system.
- Flash the zip and reboot.
- Gapps can be downloaded from here (optional).